Captain America. Hawkeye. Hulk. Iron Man. Iron Fist. Nick Fury. Daredevil. Wolverine. Phil Coulson
These characters all mean something to me. I need them in my life. They are either examples to me on how I should live my life, influences on me with the way I live my life or people I can relate to that make me fee like I'm not alone. Here, we're going to go into part 5-Logan, James Howlett or Wolverine
I've always been sensitive of my height. It's a touchy issue for me. From when I was 13 until I was 16, I was 4'11". I've only been over 5 foot for the past 5 years. Before that, from when I was 8 until I was 14, I wore a size 3 shoe. I was different enough with my ADHD, ASD, OCD, Tourettes, anxiety and a list of other mental health issues as long as my arm, without having a tiny height to go along with it. Right now, I'm a small but comfortable 5'3". You know who else is too?
Me! I am! Raargh!
Yup. Wolverine. Marvel comics' resident little badass. And he is totally badass. He has those claws. And an adamantium skeleton. And I'm gonna point out those claws again, because those claws are awesome. Appreciate their glory.
Compare him to Captain America. Cap is just over a foot taller than Wolverine. That's me talking to my dad. Hell, it's also me talking to my mother. And just about everyone else. It sucks being small. I know there are people out there that are smaller than me, but most people out there are actually taller than me, so yeah. Everyone in my close family is taller than me. No, I don't know why, they just are. All my friends are taller than me. I am literally the smallest person I know. So I tell people I'm 5'5". Just to make myself feel better, because as I said, my height is sensitive for me.
Now, I've never been an X Men fan. I can't say I hate them either, because I don't. I just don't feel drawn in to them. so I'm not a fan. Some of them however, are alright, like Wolverine, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Cyclops and Wolverine... Oh I said him already? Okay. Then that's it. I don't know why, but I always thought Wolverine was a lot taller than me. Oh wait. I DO know why. THIS is why.
Grr. I'm not in the slightest bit intimidating! And I probably smell good too!
Hugh Jackman is 6'2". Almost a foot taller than Logan, who stands at a tiny 5'3". Oh wait. That's my height. My father is a big X Men fan and his favorite is Wolverine, but until last month, he didn't know how tall Wolverine was supposed to stand. Nothing against Hugh Jackman, who is a capable actor, but couldn't they have cast a smaller actor?
I love the fact that Logan is small. I also love the fact that his code name is after the small Canadian weasel, known for it's strength. And I love that he's got super keen animal senses because in a way, so do I. I hear things on a higher frequency than most normal adults. I'm sensitive to a lot of smells and smells that linger on me I tend to have a massive problem with, even though everyone else can't smell them (yes, steam has a smell. It smells like musty grandpa). And for taste, even the blandest foodstuff for you, brings out flavors for me. Don't even get me started on temperature.
Because the cold never bothered me anyway!
There's a legitimate reason my senses are heightened and it's because of my ASD. Being on the autism spectrum seems to do that to a person. Persons on the autism spectrum tend to have difficulty processing information and others who are on the more severe end can't express their emotions well and melt down. Hell, even I'm the least severe and I still melt down sometimes. Oh yeah. No staring. It's not polite. Any questions, just ask. Please. You will offend nobody.
But having all these heightened senses makes for an awesome superhero. Even if you're tiny. And it's comforting to know that being small means you're just as cool as the taller guys. Because I'm basically just Wolverine-yes, even the animal thing (It's not that hard Just try tapping into your instincts. Anyone can do it), the language thing (fluent in English, Welsh, two dialects of French and German, conversational in Spanish, Czech and Slovak and can speak some Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese and read in Greek) and the temperature thing (I'm known to sleep without blankets or pjs in the dead of winter or with blankets and onesies in the heat of summer). I'm just minus the claws.
And widdle Wolvie's my best friend now that he knows my name, that I'm from Wales and liked the Harry Potter ride.
Oh. And the Asian fetish. That's just creepy.

No comments:
Post a Comment